In respect of the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR), the Data Protection Act 2018 and the Privacy and Electronic Communication Regulations (PECR), the data controller is Fresh Mango.
1. Definitions and Interpretation
In this Policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
Means an account required to access and/or use certain areas and features of our website;
Means this website, https://freshmango.co.uk/;
“UK marketing and cookie law”
Means the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations
Means Fresh Mango Technologies (UK) Ltd, a limited company registered in England
UK General Data Protection Regulation
2. Information About Us
2.1 Our website, https://freshmango.co.uk/ is owned and operated by Fresh Mango Technologies (UK) Ltd, registered in England number 12356336, and whose main trading address is 6 Brewery Close, Barker Business Park, Melmerby, Ripon, HG4 5NL.
3. Scope – What Does This Policy Cover?
4. What Data Do We Collect?
Some data will be collected automatically by our website (for further details, please see the separate Cookies Policy).
Depending on your use of our website, we may collect some or all of the following data:
- 4.1 Name;
- 4.2 Date of birth;
- 4.3 Gender;
- 4.4 Business/company name;
- 4.5 Job title;
- 4.6 Profession;
- 4.7 Contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- 4.8 Demographic information such as post code, preferences and interests;
- 4.9 Financial information such as credit / debit card numbers;
- 4.10 IP address (automatically collected);
- 4.11 Web browser type and version (automatically collected);
- 4.12 Operating system (automatically collected);
- 4.13 A list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on our website, and the site you exit to (automatically collected);
5. Lawfulness of Processing
For lawfulness of processing, we rely on the following:
· 5.1 When you purchase a product or service. The legal basis for this is ‘performance of a contract’.
· 5.2 Where we keep your personal data for the purpose of product recall requirements, the basis is ‘vital interests’.
· 5.3 After the expiry of a warranty for example, we may also keep your personal data under the basis of ‘legal obligation’ re past contract.
· 5.4 For marketing purposes we use legitimate interests as the data processing option for communicating with you. This may include contacting you by email or telephone or post with information, news and offers concerning our products and services.
· 5.5 We use your data to provide the best possible products and services to you. This includes:
- 5.5.1 Providing and managing your account;
- 5.5.2 Providing and managing your access to our website;
- 5.5.3 Personalising and tailoring your experience on our website;
- 5.5.4 Supplying our products and services to you;
- 5.5.5 Personalising and tailoring our products and services for you;
- 5.5.6 Responding to communications from you;
- 5.5.7 Supplying you with email newsletters, alerts, special offers and other messages (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by following this link;
- 5.5.8 Market research;
- 5.5.9 Analysing your use of our website and gathering feedback to enable us to continually improve our website and your user experience;
- Fresh Mango will take all reasonable steps to ensure that it complies with all obligations under the UK General Data Protection Regulations and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations.
6. Data Retention Policy
6.1 The Business will process personal data for the duration of any business dealings and will continue to store only the personal data needed for eight years after any contract has expired to meet any legal obligations. After eight years all personal data will be deleted, unless basic information needs to be retained by us to meet our future obligations to you, such as erasure details.
7. Overseas Data Transfers
- 7.1 Some or all of your data may be stored or transferred outside of the UK and the European Economic Area (EEA). You are deemed to accept and agree to this by using our website and submitting information to us. If we do store or transfer data outside the EEA, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated as safely and securely as it would be within the UK and under UK GDPR. Such steps may include, but not be limited to, the use of legally binding contractual terms between Fresh Mango and any third parties we will use a UK International Data Transfer Agreement (IDTA), if we need to transfer any of your data outside the UK and EEA.
8. Data Security
· 8.1 All personal data is stored securely in accordance with UK GDPR 2021 and to protect your data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure any personal data collected from the website.
· 8.2 Notwithstanding the security measures that we take, it is important to remember that the transmission of data via the internet may not be completely secure and that you are advised to take suitable precautions when transmitting data via the internet.
9. Where We Share Your Data
- 9.1 We may share your data with other companies in our group. This includes our subsidiaries, the holding company and its subsidiaries and companies related by common shareholding.
- 9.2 We may sometimes contract with third parties to supply products and services to you on our behalf. These may include payment processing, delivery of goods, search engine facilities, advertising and marketing. In some cases, the third parties may require access to some or all of your data. Where any of your data is required for such a purpose, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data will be handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, our obligations, and the obligations of the third party under the law.
- 9.3 We may compile statistics about the use of our website including data on traffic, usage patterns, user numbers, sales and other information. All such data will be anonymised and will not include any personally identifying information. We may from time to time share such data with third parties such as prospective investors, affiliates, partners and advertisers. Data will only be shared and used within the bounds of the law.
- 9.4 In certain circumstances, we may be legally required to share certain data held by us, which may include your personal information, for example, where we are involved in legal proceedings, where we are complying with the requirements of legislation, a court order, or a governmental authority. We do not require any further consent from you in order to share your data in such circumstances and will comply as required with any legally binding request that is made to Fresh Mango.
- 9.5 We may also disclose your information to third parties if we sell or buy any business or assets, to the prospective seller or buyer of those assets.
- 9.6 We have a duty to disclose your personal data to comply with any legal obligation. This includes sharing information with other organisations for the purposes of fraud prevention.
10. How You Can Control Your Personal Data
- 10.1 When you submit information via the Fresh Mango website, you may be given options to restrict our use of your data. When we communicate with you for direct marketing purposes, we will always provide an option to opt out of receiving marketing emails from us which you may do by unsubscribing using the links provided. This will not affect emails that we send that are contractual, legal or in your vital interests.
11. Data Subjects Rights
11.1 At any point whilst Fresh Mango is in possession of, or processing, your personal data all
data subjects have the following rights:
11.2 Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about
11.3 Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
11.4 Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
11.5 Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply you have a right to restrict the processing.
11.6 Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to
11.7 Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
11.8 Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right not to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
11.2 In the event that we refuse your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why, which you have the right to legally challenge.
11.3 At your request, Fresh Mango can confirm what information it holds about you and how it is processed.
12 You Can Request The Following Details
You can request the following information:
12.1 Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how
and why to process your data.
12.2 Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
12.3 The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
12.4 If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of the Business and information
about these interests.
12.5 The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
12.6 Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
12.7 How long the data will be stored.
12.8 Details of your rights to correct, erasure, restrict or object to such processing.
12.9 Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
12.10 How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority (ICO).
12.11 Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a
requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to
provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
12.12 The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
12.13 Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any
meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected
13 – Identification Is Required To Access Personal Data
13.1 Fresh Mango will accept the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested: a copy of your driving licence, passport, birth certificate and a utility bill not older than three months. A minimum of one piece of photographic ID listed above and a supporting document is required. If Fresh Mango is dissatisfied with the quality, further information may be sought before personal data can be released.
14.1 In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by us, you have the right to complain to us.
14.2 If you do not get a response within 30 days you can complain to the ICO. ICO, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AF, Telephone +44 (0) 303 123 1113 or email: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/
15. Contacting Us
Version 002 Date effective May 12 2022