High Net Worth Individuals Cyber Security
Owing to their status – and very often fame – high net worth individuals and their families are tempting targets for cyber-criminals. High net worth individuals cyber security is an area we specialise in – we can provide you with tangible improvements.
Cyber threats are quickly becoming one of the most prevalent security threats to high net-worth individuals, especially as more information is posted and stored online. Mobile device vulnerabilities, scams, targeted attacks, and data breaches all pose a substantial threat to high net-worth individuals.
Consider this Tweet from a Teenage Girl
‘Mom and Dad went out to some fancy event and I have to stay home. #homealone #bored’
Cybercriminals fish to gather information to create profiles on high net worth individuals. This information may then be:
- Sold to other criminal associates or on the dark web
- Used to engage in corporate espionage, searching for product details or merger information.
- Used to steal funds, through direct hacks or indirect monitoring and fraud
It’s important to understand that protecting your wealth and your family from cybercrime is a holistic process. It doesn’t just involve high-tech solutions, but also creating a broader awareness of your own activities.
In order to assist and inform High net-worth individuals cyber security, we undertake the following process and evaluation.
- Initial consultation to ascertain any specific concerns you may have. We also provide you with an overview of general cyber threats to ensure a common understanding
- We conduct a questionnaire-based and on-site cyber assessment.
- The results of this assessment inform general areas for improvement, after which we will make recommendations to you accordingly. This includes useful best practice recommendations that to provide a heightened level of awareness, with the aim of reducing you and your family’s overall level of risk.
- We implement the cyber-recommendations, which will likely include some or all of:
- Information security hardening, including cyber – hygiene training
- Physical security enhancement from an IT and cyber perspective
- Network security – hardening of your IT infrastructure and assets
- We conduct ongoing annual assessments to ensure your systems and activities are evolving to meet the ever-changing cyber threats.
Confidentiality is assured and we enter into relevant non-disclosure agreements as required by our clients.
Already suffered a Cyber-Breach or Attempted Breacg?
If you have already fallen victim to some form of cyber-attack or breach we will address it. We will:
- Conduct a detailed review of the breach
- Take appropriate measures (see ‘Our Approach’ above) to prevent the breach from occurring again
- Provide a detailed report and recommendations. The report is created in a format suitable for submission to relevant legal authorities, should you wish to pursue criminal proceedings
- Free, initial no-obligation confidential discussion
- Cyber assessment of you and your family
- Detailed SWOT report and recommendations for threat mitigation
- Implementation of recommendations
- Annual review to ensure your systems, knowledge and processes remain current
If you would like further information or wish to have an initial, confidential discussion, please contact us today.